FACS Connection - January 22, 2021
A weekly digest of news, events, and opportunities for all undergraduate FACS students.
Friday, January 22, 2021
- Dawg Check
- FACS Student Organization Bingo & Info Session
- Explore Study Away Day & Scholarship Deadlines
- FACS Pick of the Week
- UGA Cortona Study Abroad
- TEDxUGA: Welcome Back + Salon Series
- FACS Scholarship Opportunities
1. Dawg Check
The University of Georgia is committed to a safe environment for its faculty, students, and staff. As a part of our commitment, we ask that you use DawgCheck to:
- Check your current health condition and report exposure daily using this link!
- Should you test positively for Covid-19, you are required to report the test results here.
- You will receive these prompts via email. You may enroll in text/SMS messages for these alerts by registering here.
- If you have questions or require more information, please visit dawgcheck.uga.edu.
The Student Leadership and Advisory Council will be hosting two major events next week! Both events will be a chance for students to learn more about FACS student organizations, majors, study away programs, and more!
If you are interested in participating in the Student Organization Bingo, please register by Tuesday, January 26th at 5:00 p.m. Register here. You will receive a zoom link once you are registered. Student Organization Info Session registration will be available soon!
The Office of Global Engagement would like to announce our upcoming Explore Study Away Day on Thursday, January 28th from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Students can also browse the website and join zoom info sessions with program directors and global education advisors! It's never too early to start planning! Students Can Register to Attend Here.
· Boren Fellowship: January 27th, Apply Here
· Franklin International Scholarship Fund: February 5th, Apply Here
· Thomson Study Abroad in Classics: February 10th, Apply Here
· Linda J. Piper for Studies Abroad: February 10th, Apply Here
· Germanic & Slavic Studies Travel Grants: Feb. 14th, Apply Here
· OGE General Scholarship: Feb. 15th, Apply Here
· Experiential Learning Scholarship: Feb. 15th, Apply Here
· Asia-GA Internship Connection: Feb. 15th, Apply Here
· FLAS Fellowship: Feb. 18th, Apply Here
· Rowan Study Abroad Scholarship: Feb. 28th, Apply Here
Apply to the Legislative Aide Leadership Fellows Program!
Are you interested, but have questions? Wondering how this applies to your major or degree program? Join an upcoming virtual info session! A former Legislative Aide will attend to answer your questions. Check out former Aide experiences here.
Tuesday, January 26th from 5:00-5:30 p.m.
The program is a full-time spring semester fellowship experience in Atlanta at the Capitol. Fellows are paired with a local Athens area legislator. The program is experiential learning approved, comes with a $4,000 stipend, and integrates career and leadership development. We are accepting applications for 2021, 2022, and 2023. Email email@example.com or visit the Legislative Aide Leadership Fellows Program website to learn more.
The University of Georgia's oldest study abroad program has been operating in the medieval Tuscan hill town of Cortona, Italy for more than 50 years. UGA Cortona offers an extensive list of studio art and art history courses, as well as classes in Italian, English, Women's Studies, Science, Business, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, and Agriculture. Earn UGA credit while living in Tuscany and traveling with the program to Italian cities such as Rome, Florence, Venice, Siena, Naples, Orvieto, Assisi, and many more!
All Salons will premiere on TEDxUGA’s Facebook. Registration not required.
As a FACS major, you have access to exclusive FACS scholarships. Scholarships are gift aid, meaning you do not have to repay them. Visit the FACS Scholarship Page for more information and to apply!
New to FACS? View the FACS Connection Archives for past newsletters!
Items for FACS Connection should be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Instructions on formatting a FACS Connection entry can be found here.