Our Career Consultant can provide you with the tools, skills and insights to help you succeed in your career as early as your first year through graduation and beyond.
Meet Your Consultant
My name is Jessica McLeod-Waddell, and I am your career consultant! I am excited to serve students in the College of Family and Consumer Sciences and the School of Social Work. My education includes a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Georgia and a Master of Education in Higher Education Administration from Georgia Southern University. I previously served as the Coordinator for Leadership Development at Kennesaw State University and am thrilled to now serve as your personal career consultant!
Some areas where I can help are:
- Resume reviews and feedback
- Crafting strong cover letters
- Career exploration
- Interview prep both for employers and professional and graduate schools
- Navigating the professional and graduate school process
- Discussing growth (gap) year plans
- Connecting you with tools and resources to be a competitive applicant
Among many other topics!
Meet with a Career Consultant
- Individual Appointments: schedule through your Handshake account or by calling or by calling the Career Center front desk at 706-542-3375.
UGA Career Center
The UGA Career Center is a valuable resource available to you throughout your time here as a student, as you prepare for graduation and even as an alum. Additionally, we have a Career Consultant who specializes in FACS majors and related careers.
Career Center Resources
- Handshake: Utilize Handshake to find internship, part-time job, or volunteer opportunities related to your career fields of interest.
- UGA Mentor Program - Networking with your Bulldog family can help you get ahead in life and career, but where do you even start? The UGA Mentor Program narrows down the world of possibilities to meaningful connections. It personalizes the mentoring experience; connecting you with mentors that are just right for your commitment.. There's a better way to network. Visit mentor.uga.edu today and find a mentor who can help you see your future.
- Participate in the Career Center's Intern for a Day program to explore career fields of interest.
- What Can I Do With a Major In...?: Consumer Economics; Consumer Journalism; Culinary Science & Nutrition; Dietetics; FACS Education; Fashion Merchandising; Financial Planning; Furnishings & Interiors; Housing Management & Policy; Human Development & Family Science; Nutritional Sciences
- Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate: The Arch Ready Professionalism Certificate is a series of programs offered by the UGA Career Center to provide students with career development and job search training.
- View the Arch Ready Event Calendar
- Students who complete the program will receive:
- The opportunity to add the certificate to their resume
- Lapel pin to wear for interviewing, career fairs, and graduation
- Formal printed certificate