Join an academic expedition into the heart of a Globally Sustainable Fashion Supply Chain!
Earn 3 credit hours during this two week Maymester study tour that explores Farm to Fashion for some of the most prestigious fashion brands; such as, Lilly Pulitzer and Southern Tide. Peru is known throughout the fashion Industry for their exquisite cottons and alpaca wools. This study abroad opportunity features visits throughout the Fashion Supply Chain as we explore creating Sustainable Fashions for the Future. Learn how the pros do it! The professional programs enhance fashion merchandising student’s emphasis in design, development and merchandising. The tour includes visits to local retailers to experience visual merchandising and interior design. Peru is an incredible blend of ancient and modern, natural and man-made. Students in all disciplines will appreciate this rich cultural experience.
- Gain an appreciation and understanding of the Andean culture, history and society.
- Learn the importance of transparency in a Sustainable Fashion Supply Chain.
- Discover the retail world of Peru from street vendors to Branded Flagship store and local boutiques.
- Establish relationships with fashion industry executives.
- Contemplate the differing influences on fashion in Peru and the United States.
Course Offered (3 credits): TXMI 5710 (Undergraduate) / TXMI 7710 (Graduate) (3 credit hours) Peru Study Tour in Textiles Merchandising and Interiors
Application: See Professor Greg Vessels, 317 Dawson Hall or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Cost: $3000 details TBA, $500 deposit at time of application.
Space available for 2023 - 16
Information Sessions: 3 Meeting times during Fall semester will be on Tuesdays at 5PM in Dawson Hall, Room & Dates TBA.
- Understand the complexities of Globally Sustainable Fashion Supply Chain.
- Recognize cultural differences among countries and trading partners.
- Prepare for a career in the fashion Industry by experiencing what Industry professional do on a daily basis.