The Nonwoven Material Research Lab focuses on developing different nonwoven functional materials and characterizing of nonwoven materials.
- The current research projects include:
- Designing the effective charging techniques for nonwoven filter media
- Stretchable cotton nonwovens
- Biodegradable/Compostable Meltbown Nonwovens for Filter media and other Applications
- Investigation of the Composition, Structure and Performance Characteristics of Flushable Nonwovens
- LightWeight Ballistic Materials with Improved Performance
- Processing and Characterization of Carbon Fibers from Alternative Precursors
- R. Vempati and G. S. Bhat, “Nanophase Mn (VII) oxide (NM7O) and Nanophase Mn (III) Oxide (NM3O) Incorporated Nonwovens,” US Patent 8 163 036, Issued April 21, 2012.
- G. S. Bhat, V. Narayanan and L. C. Wadsworth, “Dimensionally Stable Polyester Films, Fibers, Yarns and Melt Blown Nonwovens,” U. S. Patent 5 753 736 (issued May 19, 1998).
- K. E. Duckett, G. S. Bhat and Hagen Suh, “Compostable/Biodegradable Nonwovens,” U. S. Patent 5 783 505 (issued July 21, 1998).
Georgia Athletic Association Professor of Fibers and Textiles and Department Head
Avik Kumar Dhar
PhD Student & Research Assistant, Vice President TMI/GSC