Named for the first dean of our college, this award recognizes a current or retired faculty or staff member who has provided leadership in motivating and guiding students.
- Worked with Joan Koonce to establish the financial planning program at the University of Georgia. He currently teaches courses in income tax planning, applied financial planning in the community, and introduction to personal finance in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Before entering academia, he worked for the public accounting firm KPMG, and holds both the CPA and CFP® professional designations.
- Has received several teaching, research and grant awards for his student and community engagement work through the UGA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- Co-authored a financial literacy textbook with faculty member John Grable that is used nationwide for campus-wide audiences.
- His research focuses on financial education, financial planning, and income-tax-based service-learning initiatives in the community.
- Has published dozens of peer-reviewed articles and book chapters and has collaborated with many faculty within and outside of FACS to secure external grants and gifts for the college and financial planning program.
- Founding Steering Committee member for the CFP® Board’s Academic Research Colloquium and is a past-president of the Academy of Financial Services.