Are you prepared to thrive in a data-driven world? Effective decision making requires insights into how consumers behave. We'll teach you how to leverage statistics, storytelling and strategy to most effectively reach consumers. The Master's of Consumer Analytics gives you this skill to succeed in today's data-driven world. Your major and a Masters in Consumer Analytics expands your job options and enhances your job security. Every major pairs well with Consumer Analytics.
Our program is flexible
You are encouraged to take control of your learning and place emphasis on your own interests and passions. You chose one third of your courses to build a degree that fits you.
What makes this program unique?
We teach you how to use statistics not just in a sentence but a full story. You will learn to transform data into insights into an impactful and strategic story that helps your organization make sense of their environment and opportunities. Evidence-based Storytelling is about making statistics useful.
Our program’s main goal is to prepare your analytical and storytelling abilities for your career. Core courses are hands-on labs using real world cases and assignments. You will learn by doing which will build your skills and confidence to take what you learn into the world.
You will learn from faculty with deep real-world expertise in the methods and their application. They use their expertise to design relevant case studies that will challenge your abilities and build strength and confidence. They are there to act as your mentors throughout the program, providing one-on-one assistance and making you their top priority.
The Core Courses
Establish your analytical and data storytelling toolkit:
- Learn how to tell compelling stories that inspire action through real world case studies
- Build an analytical toolkit with focus on bivariate and multivariate analysis
- Develop expert skills in Excel and data visualization while working with a team
Master the methods used to guide innovation:
- Derive defining characteristics through factor analysis
- Discover meaningful groups through cluster analysis
- Test new ideas through concept testing and conjoint analysis
Learn to assess the strengths and weaknesses of government and/or organizational policy:
- Develop skills in quantitative and empirical research
- Gain the ability to leverage large consumer data sets
- Master various statistical software platforms (Excel, SAS, R, etc.)
Consumer Analytics Internship
Put your skills to work while refining your ability to contribute to organizational decisions and success.
What jobs might a graduate of this program pursue?
- Consumer/customer insights
- Data storyteller
- Entrepreneur/business owner
- Product/program analytics
- Product/brand/program management
- New product/technology development
- Program evaluation
Our mission is to equip graduates with the abilities and confidence to inform effective decision making. We prepare students to be highly qualified candidates for insights, strategy, and data science/storytelling positions across business, non-profit, and government sectors.
Meet the Core Faculty
Consumer analysts are comfortable with the business, data, and stats which places them on the next frontier of analytics as a data storyteller.
I use my expertise in computational social science and data storytelling to help students navigate the data science field.
I show students how to design and execute empirical research to diagnose public policy problems and evaluate solutions so that the problems are addressed effectively and efficiently.