Program Dates and Application Deadlines
The next trip will be offered in Fall semester, 2022. Some details are subject to change. Program dates are August 20-November 20, 2022. First week is in England in London and Oxford, Italian portion starts on August 28 in Rome.
Early Application Deadline is November 26, 2021.
Regular Application Deadline is March 11, 2022
- Basic estimated program cost: $9,515* (including the $500 program deposit)
- * Approximate 2022 Cost. The final program fee is subject to change depending on student enrollment.
- Students who are not residents of Georgia or do not attend a University System of Georgia University or College pay an additional $250.00
- Tuition is not included in the program fee. Students generally take 12-15 hours. The cost of the program includes:
- Program Deposit (due after acceptance to program) - applied towards total program cost
- International Health Insurance (UGA requirement)
- Charter bus transportation on all planned field trips and from beginning cities to Cortona, and from Cortona to program ending city
- Shared hotel accommodations when traveling and dorm in Cortona
- Breakfast and dinner while traveling with the program group (Breakfast only while in Venice)
- Dinner 4 days a week while in Cortona
- Breakfast 7 days a week while in Cortona
- Program t-shirt!
Tentative Places to Visit
- UGA Oxford campus
- The John D. Kehoe building is the permanent residential facility of the UGA Cortona - Italy Studies Abroad Program
- Recently renovated with modern conveniences
- The Kehoe building has multiple-bed dormitory rooms and shared bathrooms.
- A large courtyard provides students an opportunity to gather outdoors to study, draw or tend to personal chores such as laundry.
- Downstairs is a large kitchen.
- There are several common rooms available for studying or reading.
- Linens are provided and are changed by the staff.
- All breakfasts are provided on site in Cortona
- Lunches in Cortona and on field trips will be on your own.
- Dinners are shared as a group 3 nights a week at Tonino’s Ristorante
- The 4th dinner is at a restaurant of the student’s choice in Cortona. Vouchers will be provided
- While traveling:
- Breakfasts and dinners while in Naples and Rome will be provided
- Breakfasts and some dinners while in Florence
- Only breakfast in Venice
UGA Foundation Incentive Scholarship for Study Abroad
- non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application
- Scholarship Deadline for Early Program Admission: November 26, 2021
- Standard Admission Deadline: March 11, 2022
FACS Study Abroad Scholarships
Deadline is March 1, 2022
For more scholarships, visit the Office of Global Engagement website
Classes Offered (all 3 credits)
- TXMI 4900 Italian Fashion
- Overrides TXMI 4230
- TXMI 3010 Fashion: Why is it Meaningful?
- Professional highlights of the program include in England the Victoria and Albert Museum's Costume Collection, the Fashion and Textile Museum in London, the Gucci Museum, Ferragamo Museum, Museum of Costume in Florence, Prada, Cuccinelli, Versace, etc. flagship stores in Rome, various fashion producers in Tuscany and the Prato Textile Museum.
- General Electives:
- Art History: Renaissance Art; Art History I: Cave Painting to Michelangelo
- Program Electives:
- Ceramics: Introduction to Ceramics; Intermediate Ceramics
- Drawing: Drawing and Visuality/Advanced Drawing
- Jewelry and Metalwork: Jewelry and Metals: Design and Construction; Intermediate Jewelry
- Photography: Introduction to Photography and Image Culture
- Textiles: Textiles and Textile Design
We will work with you to make sure that you complete 12 credits which apply to your program of study.