We provide you with networking and professional opportunities in the financial planning community.
The Student Financial Planning Association (SFPA) welcomes all students, regardless of current major, who share an interest in financial planning. SFPA focuses on connecting students with employers and faculty, creating internship and job opportunities for members, and building a community of young professionals with an interest and passion for financial planning.
Our meetings typically feature financial planning firms wanting to share industry experience and provide opportunities for our membership. Additionally, we host socials and community outreach events to connect our members with each other!
- President: Milan Chokshi
- Vice President: Joshua Brumbach
- Secretary: Grayson Gorman
- Treasurer: Anthony Rodriguez
- Advisor: Michael Gene Thomas
Bi-monthly on Tuesdays at 6pm, Dawson Hall. (Check social media pages for specific meeting dates)
Dawson Hall (room varies between meetings, check social media pages for specific meeting dates)
Your membership registration includes:
- Attendance to bi-monthly meetings with leading financial planning practitioners
- Free registration for seniors and graduating graduate students attending the new Fall Speed Interviewing event with financial planning firms looking to hire
- Opportunity to attend the annual Financial Planning Banquet
- Invitations to many social and community service events
- Free attendance to the end-of-year “Torch-Passing” Event to celebrate SFPA, the new EBoard, and members’ achievements
Join us on our social media to stay connected with our organization and find out about upcoming meetings and events.
In order to be an official UGA SFPA member, we ask that you pay dues of $15 to cover meeting costs, events, and other needs to support our group. Becoming a member qualifies you for reduced rates of attendance to the Financial Planning Banquet, free access to the Fall Speed Networking Event, and other exclusive financial planning events including all of our meetings at no additional cost.
We encourage our members to also join the Nation and local chapters of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). National membership includes:
- 1-year subscription to the Journal of Financial Planning and BusinessWeek
- Discounted national and local FPA conferences and meetings
- Can serve as a student worker to attend conferences and meetings for free
- Participate in internship and externship opportunities
- Receive access to FPA’s national job board
- Find a supportive community ready to help you launch your career
For a list of all FPA membership benefits, click here.
For more information on active job and internship opportunities, find them on UGA Handshake.